Your privacy is of great importance to the League and our Web site has been developed with that in mind. We recognize your right to know what information is being collected about you and how that information will be used, as well as our legal obligations to limit collection and protect what we do collect.
- You do not have to give us personal information to visit our site.
- We collect personally identifiable information (first and last name, home or other physical address, email address, telephone number, or other identifiers that permit the physical or online contacting of an individual) only if specifically and knowingly provided by you.
- Information is collected for statistical purposes and the League sometimes performs analyses of user behavior in order to measure interest in the various areas of our site. We will disclose this information to third parties only in aggregate form.
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the Web site, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally.
We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The Internet domain (for example, "xcompany.com" if you use a private Internet access account, or "yourschool.edu" if you connect from a university's domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our Web site;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The pages you visit; and
- If you linked to the League’s Web site from another Web site, the Internet address of that Web site.
We use this information to help us make our site more useful to visitors—to learn about the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, what information is of greatest interest, and technical information that will enhance ease of use, such as, the types of technology our visitors use and system performance or problem areas. We do not track or record information about individuals and their visits.
Electronic Mail and On-line Forms
Many of our Web pages allow you to send us an e-mail. If your e-mail message includes personally-identifying information, for example, in an electronic mail message containing an inquiry, we will use that information to respond to your inquiry. In addition, in some cases, it may be used to send you follow-up information about products and services in which you have expressed an interest.
Remember that e-mail is not necessarily secure against interception. If your communication is very sensitive, or includes information such as your bank account, charge card, or social security number, you should send it by mail unless our Web site indicates the particular site is secured.
Electronic Commerce Precautions
Some of our Web pages allow you to register for League events (conferences, seminars, etc.). In those instances, we will collect the information needed to fulfill your registration, just as though it had been made on paper. That information will be maintained and protected in accordance with the Privacy Act, 5 U.S.C. 552a, which means that it will be secured in transit to us and once received. We will let you know those circumstances in which it may be necessary to make a disclosure-such as to fulfill your registration, to a government agency for law enforcement or other official need, or to congress on your behalf.
If you have questions about this statement, please contact the Community College League of California at (916) 444-8641.