2023 PROGRAM SCHEDULE
February and November sessions are in-person. All other sessions are virtual. See the program schedule below for details.
February 2023* (In-Person)
Module 1: Self Awareness: Executive Composition
- Cohort Convenes: February 21, 2023, 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. for program orientation at the ACCCA Conference, Palms Springs.
Module 2: Self-Assessment: Executive Compatibility
- Cohort Convenes: April 7, 2023, 12:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. to explore your pre-program self-assessment results with a certified trainer who will interpret the results of your profile to illuminate your preferred thinking patterns and how they are expressed given your behavioral preferences. This understanding will inform your evolving management style as you progress through the program.
Module 3: Becoming Mission Ready: Research and Development
- Cohort Convenes: June 9, 2023, 12:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. to explore best practices for developing an effective application packet that gets you noticed. An emphasis on curating your online presence and researching potential positions will be provided by leading executive recruiters.
Module 4: Reading Between the Lines: What the Job Announcement Won’t Say
- Cohort Convenes: July 14, 2023, 12:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. for a frank discussion with seasoned administrators about the realities of sizing up a future employer. Proven tactics for interviewing and public forums will be covered and their insights might prevent you from investing hours of work on an application to nowhere.
Module 5: Congratulations! You Got the Job [Part One]
- Cohort Convenes: September 15, 2023, 12:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. to discuss the nuances of an initial offer and related logistics around the board approval process. Again, we will turn to the experts and rely on our recruiters and search consultants, working with experienced CEOs and Trustees to guide the way.
Module 6: Congratulations! You Got the Job [Part Two]
- Cohort Convenes: October 27, 2023, 12:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. to help you negotiate your first contract and uncover strategies for contract renewals. This is a critical part of the program, and a case-study approach will help you understand how a good contract can mean a long and happy tenure.
November 2023* (In-Person)
Module 7: The Honeymoon Period: How Executive Coaching Enhances Your Success
- Cohort Convenes: Thursday, November 16, 2023, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. at the League's Annual Convention, to hear from an executive coach and our seasoned CEO faculty about some of the real-world scenarios where the expertise of an effective coach could have made the difference between success and failure.
Module 8: Executive Comprehension: Defining Your Own Path
- Cohort Convenes: December 8, 2023, 12:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. You deliver your final "Readiness Assessment and Skills Development Plan” incorporating the lessons of the program. Program Faculty will provide feedback and mentoring as necessary.
*Dates are subject to change