Assembly Bill 102
Author: Assemblymember Chris Holden
Title: College and Career Access Pathways Partnerships
League Position: SUPPORT
Action due by: May 14, 2021 (Policy Deadline)
Click here to read the bill text
What does the bill do?
- AB 102 removes the sunset on CCAP partnerships allowing our colleges to plan for the future as they work with their K-12 partners.
- The current authorization for these programs has a sunset date of January 2027.
- AB 102 ensures the success of CCAP by making this authority permanent.
Why does it matter to the colleges and districts?
- Allows high school students who may not have as many opportunities to begin their college-level coursework
- It helps prepare students academically for their time in higher education and decreases their time to degree.
- Allows our colleges to partner with K-12 schools and create meaningful pathways for underrepresented student groups.
What is the ask?