The League is assisted in accomplishing its goals and objectives by standing and ad hoc committees whose membership includes trustees, administrators, faculty, classified staff, public information officers, and students. Presently, committees include the Advisory Committee on Education Services (ACES), CEO Strategic Leadership Program (CSLP) Advisory Committee, and the Advisory Committee on Legislation (ACL). Oversight of intercollegiate athletics is performed by the League's California Community Colleges Athletic Association.
If you would like to serve on any of the committees, please review the Guidelines for Applying to League Committees and complete the online application. Applications will be reviewed each summer for the new academic year. For questions about the application process, please contact the Committee Staff listed on the Members & Meetings page.
Advisory Committee on Education Services
The Advisory Committee on Education Services (ACES) is responsible for identifying and reviewing the educational and professional development programs offered to the colleges, particularly those targeted to trustees and CEOs. Committee members assess and evaluate the need for board, CEO, and leadership development services, prepare for and attend meetings of the committee, contribute to discussions and program design, participate in or attend events as available, and work on committee projects.
Ongoing events and activities include:
- Effective Trusteeship Workshop
- Board Chair Workshop
- Annual Trustees Conference
- Student Trustees Workshop
- Review and update of publications for trustees and CEOs
- Resources for CEOs and New CEO Support
- League On Call Consulting Services
- Annual Convention
For more information on the Advisory Committee on Education Services, please contact Carmen Sandoval, Senior Director of Leadership Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org
CEO Strategic Leadership Program Advisory Committee
The CEO Strategic Leadership Program (CSLP) Advisory Committee is responsible for identifying and reviewing needs for the educational and professional development programs provided to CEOs. Ongoing events and activities include:
- Support for new and continuing CEOs through workshops and events
- CEO Strategic Leadership Program - New CEO Workshop Part 1 and 2, Peer-to-Peer Support, CEO Leadership Academy, New CEO Seminar.
- CEO Symposium
- Vineyard Symposium
- Educational resources & publications for CEOs
- Other activities identified by the committee
For more information on the CEO Strategic Leadership Program (CSLP) Advisory Committee, please contact Carmen Sandoval, Senior Director of Leadership Development, at email@example.com
Advisory Committee on Legislation
The primary responsibility of the Advisory Committee on Legislation (ACL) is to advise the League boards (CCCT/CEOCCC) on state and federal legislation affecting community colleges, and general advocacy strategies. The committee reviews legislation and related issues requiring legislative resolution, develops appropriate legislative solutions, and recommends appropriate League advocacy priorities.
Specific activities include:
- Analysis and development of recommendations for action by the CCCT and CEOCCC Boards on state legislation and, as time permits, federal legislation. Provide advice on means to support the positions adopted by the boards. In this capacity, the committee will review legislation that impacts the community colleges; discuss potential effects, advantages and disadvantages and possible advocacy strategies; and recommend positions for CCCT and CEOCCC Board actions;
- Development of recommendations on strategies for advocacy on key legislation, and ensure that local community college representatives are informed in a timely and effective manner about legislative issues and activities;
- Exploration and proposals for strategies to further enhance League legislative and advocacy activities through the increased involvement of locally elected governing boards, chief executive officers, students, district personnel and community leaders;
- Advisement and assistance in the maintenance and distribution of the League’s Advocacy Handbook and other related advocacy information, thereby encouraging and facilitating local community college governing boards, district personnel, and students to influence legislative actions and to work with the Board of Governors and Executive Branch; and
- Prepare for and attend meetings of the committee, contribute to the discussions; and plan, attend and assist at the Annual Legislative Conference as time allows.
For more information on the Advisory Committee on Legislation, please contact Ryan McElhinney, at firstname.lastname@example.org.