California Community Colleges Caucus Information
Caucuses within the community college system are self-governing and thus independent of the League. This allows them a unique voice and the ability to advocate on behalf of their membership and to take independent positions on ideas, legislation, and budget proposals, which may sometimes differ from those taken by the League.
Maintaining a separate organizational identity from the League helps ensure caucuses represent their membership as effectively as possible. This includes branding and promotion of the caucus and its activities.
The African American Community College Trustees and Administrators Association (AACCTA)
also known as "the Black Caucus"
The Black Caucus represents African and African American populations at California's community colleges. For the Caucus' bylaws, please click here.
The elected officers include:
- President: Barbara Calhoun, Trustee, Compton CCD
- Vice President: Rosalyn Green, Trustee, Monterey Peninsula CCD
- Treasurer: Debbie Anthony, Trustee, Monterey Peninsula CCD
- Secretary: Anna Everett, Trustee, Santa Barbara CCD
- Parliamentarian: Jannett Jackson, Interim Chancellor, Peralta CCD
Asian American Pacific Islander Trustees & Administrators Caucus (AAPITA)
AAPITA is a coalition of California Asian American Pacific Islander Community College Trustees and Administrators that serve to enhance educational opportunities for AAPI community college students and professional development opportunities for AAPI administrators. For more information, visit their website.
The elected officers for AAPITA include:
- President: Sue Chan, Trustee, Ohlone CCD
- Vice President: Whitney Yamamura, Ed.D, Chancellor, Coast CCD
- Treasurer: Trisha Murakawa, Trustee, El Camino CCD
- Secretary: Andy Li, Trustee, Contra Costa CCD
- Membership: Hal Gin, Ed.D, Trustee, Chabot-Las Positas CCD
- Board Member: Rowena M. Tomaneng, Ed.D, President, San Jose City College
Bylaws 2022 Apr 29
California Association of Latino Community College Trustees and Administrators (CALCCTA)
CALCCTA represents Latino populations at California's community colleges. The elected officers for CALCCTA include:
- President: Jose Fierro, President/Superintendent, Cerritos CCD
- Vice President: Martha Garcia, Superintendent/President, Mt. San Antonio CCD
- Past President: Janet Rivera, Trustee, San Joaquin Delta CCD
- Executive Director: John E. Arriaga, President, JEA & Associates
- Treasurer: Margaret Quiñones-Perez, Trustee, Santa Monica CCD
- At-Large Member: Nan Gomez-Heitzeberg, Trustee, Kern CCD
- At-Large Member: Francisco Rodriguez, Chancellor, Los Angeles CCD
- At-Large Member: Mariana Pacheco, Trustee, Cerritos CCD
Meeting Recordings 2021 Nov 18
California Community Colleges Veterans Caucus (CCCVC)
CCCVC represents our military veterans at California's community colleges. The elected officers for the Veterans Caucus include:
- Trustee Co-Chair: William (Bill) Withrow, Trustee, Peralta CCD
- Alternate Trustee Co-Chair: Larry Kennedy, Trustee Emeritus, Ventura County CCD
- CEO Co-Chair: Jannett Jackson, Interim Chancellor, Peralta CCD
- Alternate CEO Co-Chair: Rick MacLennan, Chancellor, Ventura County CCD
- Secretary and Treasurer: Obianuju Nzewi, Paralegal, Garcia Hernández Sawhney, LLP
- Operations Representative: Nancy Montgomery, Assistant Dean of Health (Retired), Wellness and Veterans Services, Irvine Valley College
- Operations Representative: Todd Steffan, Veterans Counselor, Diablo Valley College
Meeting Recordings 2021 Jan 26
California Community College Women's Caucus (CCCWC)
The CCCWC advocates for change and policies that will advance opportunities and achieve equity for women across California Community Colleges. The CCCWC commits to:
- Recognizing women's contributions
- Supporting leadership development
- Advancing career opportunities and pay equity
- Expanding the pipeline for tomorrow's leaders
The elected officers for the Women's Caucus include:
- Co-chair: Andra Hoffman, Trustee, Los Angeles CCD
- Co-chair: Rowena M. Tomaneng, Ed.D, President, San Jose City College
- Vice-Chair: Sharoni Little, Trustee, Compton CCD
- Treasurer: Sally Biggin, Trustee, Redwoods CCD
- Secretary: Anne Viricel, Trustee, San Bernardino CCD
- Director at Large: Diana Rodriguez, Chancellor, San Bernardino CCD
- Director at Large: Nan Gomez-Heitzeberg, Trustee, Kern CCD
Click here to visit CCCWC's official site.
Events 2023 Mar 23 [DEI Workshop]
Central Valley Community College CEO Caucus (CVCCCC)
CVCCCC represents the Central Valley CEOs at California's community colleges. Chris Vitelli, Superintendent/President of Merced College, is the chair of the Caucus. More information to follow.
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ+) Caucus
The LGBTQ+ Caucus represents Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer members at California's community colleges. For the Caucus' bylaws, please click here. The elected executive officers for the LGBTQ+ Caucus include:
- Co-chair: John C. Hernandez, President, Irvine Valley College
- Co-chair: Wanden Treanor, Trustee, Marin CCD
- Vice-Chair: Julius Sokenu, President, Moorpark College
- Treasurer: Erika Endrijonas, Superintendent /President, Pasadena Area CCD
- Secretary: Sean Hancock, President, Cerro Coso Community College
- At Large: Erik Fallis, Director of Public Affairs and Marketing, Coast CCD
- At Large: Adam Spickler, Trustee, Cabrillo CCD
Meeting Recordings 2022 Jun 1
1) How is your institution celebrating Pride month?
2) How can we as higher education leaders, address the increasingly hostile environment towards LGBTQ+ people, in particular transgender students?