Community College League of California Announces 2021-22 CEOCCC Board Officers
SACRAMENTO, CA – At the June Board Meeting, the Chief Executive Officers of the California Community Colleges (CEOCCC) Board elected the following 2021-22 board officers:
- President: Byron Clift Breland, Chancellor, San Jose-Evergreen CCD
- President-Elect: Jose Fierro, Superintendent/President, Cerritos CCD
- Vice President North: Lori Bennett, President, Clovis Community College
- Vice President South: Julianna Barnes, President, Cuyamaca College
In addition, the board welcomes two new CEOCCC Board area representatives and the return of two existing board members:
- Erika Endrijonas, Superintendent/President, Pasadena City College (Area 8) – newly elected
- JoAnna Schilling, President, Cypress College (Area 10) – newly elected
- Edward Bush, President, Cosumnes River College (Area 2) – re-elected
- Rowena Tomaneng, President, San Jose City College (at-large) – re-appointed
The CEOCCC Board takes positions on education policy issues that come before the California Community Colleges Board of Governors and the California State Legislature. CEOCCC Board members represent their colleagues by region or at-large and fulfill the important responsibility of analyzing and making recommendations on legislation and the State Budget.
"It is both an honor and a pleasure to serve on the CEOCCC Board at this critical moment in the history of California's community colleges. As we seek an equitable recovery, we find that much of the traditional model of higher education is at odds with the reality brought forth by the pandemic. Sustainable investments and innovative policies that support our students and institutions are essential to combating the public health and economic crises many of the communities we serve now face. The CEOCCC Board is looking forward to continuing our engagement in this work," said Byron D. Clift Breland, Chancellor of San Jose-Evergreen Community College District.
Those elected to the CEOCCC Board began their term on June 1, 2021. The members elected will serve 3-year terms.
The Community College League of California (League), whose vision is Quality Public Community Colleges for All Californians, is a nonprofit public benefit corporation with a voluntary membership of the 73 community college districts in California. The League promotes student access and success by strengthening colleges through advocacy, policy development, leadership development, and district services. Visit our website at www.ccleague.org.