Assembly Bill 928
Author: Assemblymember Marc Berman
Title: Student Transfer Achievement Reform Act of 2021: Associate Degree for Transfer Intersegmental Implementation Committee
League Position: OPPOSE
Click here to read the bill text
What does the bill do?
Introduced in order to smooth out the ADT approval, adoption, and utilization process, this bill would:
- Create a committee charged for making recommendations to the legislature on ways to improve the transfer process.
- The proposed committee would be made up of the following:
- Three representatives from each of the system offices of the UC/CSU/CCC.
- Three representatives from each of the Academic Senates of the UC/CSU/CCC.
- Three representatives from each of the student body organizations of the UC/CSU/CCC.
- One member from the California Intersegmental Articulation Council.
- Three members of the public, one each appointed by the Governor and state legislature.
- Require the UC and CSU to adopt one unified transfer pathway.
- Require community college students to be automatically enrolled in an ADT program. Those who intend to transfer to the UC or prefer a traditional AA would need to opt out.
- Flexes guided pathway dollars to provide funding to implement the measure.
What is the ask?
Send a letter of opposition to Governor Gavin Newsom urging him to veto the bill. For a template letter, click here.