2022 CCPRO Conference
The Community College Public Relations Organization serves marketing and communications professionals at California’s community colleges. The conference offers workshops on a variety of topics related to community college marketing, including government relations, crisis communications, event planning, and social media management. One of the highlights of the conference is the CCPRO Awards Dinner, in which the outstanding work by California community college marketers is honored.
Click here for more information about CCPRO: http://ccprocalifornia.org/.
Registration is now closed for CCPRO. To be added to the waitlist, email Sadie Brown at email@example.com.
Early-Bird Member Registration Fee: $400.00
Fee increases to $450 after Friday, March 11
Early-Bird Non-Member Registration Fee: $450.00
Fee increases to $500 after Friday, March 11
- CCPRO Awards Dinner Guest Ticket: $75.00
- Pre-Conference Workshop: $75.00 each
Registration Cancellation Policy
All refund requests must be made in writing. To request a refund for your registration email Sadie Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. A $50 cancellation fee will be charged for all refunds. No refunds will be issued for cancellations made after Wednesday, March 30, 2022.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Attendees will be required to show proof of vaccination OR a negative COVID-19 test result at the time of check-in at registration. Masks are encouraged but will not be required.
Policy updated: 3/11/2022
Online registration will close on Wednesday, March 30, 2022, at 5:00 p.m., or when space fills.
2021-2022 CCPRO Membership
CCPRO is a statewide professional development and service organization that seeks to promote excellence among California's community college communications and public relations professionals. The organization serves as a central resource of information and provides counsel and assistance relating to the advancement of community colleges statewide and the professional growth of its members.
CCPRO offers several membership levels. Become a member today!
Individual Membership: $75.00
Associate Membership (Retiree): $50.00
Tier 1 Departmental Membership: $200.00
This membership level allows up to four members in total.
Tier 2 Departmental Membership: $400.00
This membership level allows up to ten members in total.
Dress fancy or ‘come as you are’ and see what great marketing materials have been created this past year. Print, video, radio, social media, P.R. – it’s all here for your inspiration and appreciation.
Start gathering your best work of the year to submit for the CCPRO Awards (additional information to follow).
The 2022 CCPRO Conference is being held April 6-8, 2022 in gorgeous South Lake Tahoe at the Tahoe Resort Hotel (www.tahoeresorthotel.com). Room rates are just $90- $110 (for 1-2 people), plus resort fee of $34/suite/night with group code: CCPRO22. Suite upgrade options are available for an additional fee when you make your reservations. Log on today and reserve your room before March to receive the discount.
GETTING TO THE CONFERENCE:
- Fly into the Reno-Tahoe International Airport https://www.renoairport.com/ and take the South Tahoe Airporter Shuttle ($59/round trip, 1 hour/one way) http://southtahoeairporter.com/
- Or, come from the Sacramento International Airport https://sacramento.aero/smf and take a rental car 2.5 hours to the lodge.
It's an exciting time for the Community College Public Relations Organization (CCPRO) as we get ready for our 2022 conference in South Lake Tahoe (Calif.).
The conference provides us all an opportunity to share our experiences, expertise, lessons learned, tips, etc., to make our world a little better.
Now is the perfect time to pitch your conference presentation proposals to share your knowledge with your California Community College Public Relations peers. A big thank you to those of you who have already sent me your proposals.
Pitch what works for you. Here are a few thoughts that may inspire you:
- Would you like to share some "lessons learned" stories?
- Project Management (how to envision, undertake, and track projects while maintaining one's own sanity and productivity).
- Share the new technology or tactics you're using successfully.
- Have you had TikTok success?
- What enrollment campaigns have succeeded for you? How do reach the high school sophomores and juniors? How do you convince students who left to return?
- How do you market your college and what analytics do you use to measure your success? How do you track ROI?
- Digital vs. traditional marketing comparison. Do postcards still work? Is email looked upon as spam? Still using all the above (print ads, buses, billboards, social media, radio, TV, Facebook, etc.)?
- How have you found student success stories at a time when so many students are learning online and are not on campus?
- New approaches for outreach (and how to tailor them to drive responses) — TikTok, Instagram, Google, Snapchat, YouTube, etc.
- How best do you tell your story to the chancellor, president, and your campus (self-promotion and building campus awareness)?
- What efficiencies have you employed in your job that you can share with all of us to make our lives easier?
- What social media successes have you had and want to share out?
- How do you capture awesome images for your annual report and publications in this Zoom Zoom Teams world?
- How to interpret data and explain it. ("Impressions" vs. "Butts in Seats")
Using this PDF, please submit a proposal for a presentation at the annual CCPRO conference April 6-8, 2022, at the Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel in South Lake Tahoe, Calif.
All ideas are welcome and appreciated!
Submit the presentation proposal via email to me at JMeier@msjc.edu by Jan. 5, 2022 (though the earlier the better!). Count on your presentation lasting about 45 minutes to an hour. Please leave some time for Q&A.
Presenters are responsible for their conference registration fees, hotel and transportation, and should plan to bring a laptop if the presentation includes a PowerPoint. Also, please bring an HD cord to connect your computer to the in-room projector.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to me with questions. Your participation is greatly appreciated and will help make our conference even more engaging, informative and successful!
See you in South Lake Tahoe!
The below schedule is subject to change.
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 6
8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Registration
8:30-9:00 a.m. Continental Breakfast and Networking
9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Pre-Conference Workshop (includes lunch)
1:00 -1:30 p.m. Conference Welcome
1:40-2:20 p.m. Breakout Sessions I
2:30-3:10 p.m. Breakout Sessions II
3:20-4:00 p.m. Breakout Sessions III
4:00-4:30 p.m. Break
4:30 p.m. Tour and Dinner at Lake Tahoe Community College
THURSDAY, APRIL 7
7:00-9:00 a.m. Breakfast
9:00-10:30 a.m. Special Breakout Session
10:45 a.m.-11:35 p.m. Morning Breakout Sessions
11:45-1:40 p.m. Lunch & Keynote Speaker
2:00-2:45 p.m. Afternoon Breakout Sessions I
3:00-4:00 p.m. Sponsor Hour
4:00-4:45 p.m. Afternoon Breakout Sessions II
5:00-6:00 p.m. Break
6:00-7:00 p.m. Cocktails
7:00-9:30 p.m. Pro Awards Dinner
FRIDAY, APRIL 8
7:00-9:00 a.m. Breakfast
9:00-9:50 a.m. Morning Breakout Session
10:00-10:50 a.m. Ask the Experts
11:00-11:50 p.m. Morning Breakout Sessions III
12:00 p.m.: Traditional Taco Bar Lunch
1:00 p.m. Closing remarks and election of 2022-23 CCPRO officers
1:30 p.m. Conference Adjourns
1:30 p.m. CCPRO Board Meeting
BREAKOUT SESSIONS INCLUDE:
- Engaging & Motivating Prospective Students
- Increase Enrollment by Streamlining Your Digital Marketing
- Your College Has Been Hacked and Held for Ransom -- Now What?
- DEI 360
- Launching a Mobile App
- Listening to Students at Scale Through Artificial Intelligence
- Reaching Men of Color During Unprecedented Student Enrollment Challenges
- How to Use Financial Aid-Focused Strategies to Help Increase Student Enrollment for Underserved Communities
- Don’t Let Non-Credit Mean Non-Marketable
- Advance Your Internal Communications Strategy with the Vision Resource Center
- Refreshing College/Athletics Logos & Brand Guidelines for the Digital Age
- Welcoming Your New CEO/Superintendent/President
- Measuring, Calculating & Using Marketing ROI at Your CC
- Digital Platforms, Analytics & Influencing Behavior Online