Leadership in California Community Colleges is inevitably dynamic, challenging, complex, and potentially highly rewarding. Effective leadership necessitates adaptability, a strong sense of self and one's values, and a wide variety of skills and abilities. And sustainable leadership benefits from assessment, reflection, and engagement with peers and ideas germane to the community college mission.
Below you will find links to publications of interest and professional development opportunities for CEOs. Listed in alphabetical order
- Advice for the New CEO
- Appointing a New Trustee to the Board
- Assessing the Performance of the CEO
- CEO Tenure and Retention Study
7th Update | 6th Update | 5th Update | 4th Update | 3rd Update | 2nd Update | 1st Update
- Board Focus
- Commonly Used Terms in California Community College Administration
- The Curriculum Approval Process: A Resource Guide For Trustees and Administrators
- Different Jobs, Different Tasks: Board and CEO Roles and Responsibilities
- Faculty Role in Decision Making: Participating Effectively in District and College Governance,
Community College League and Academic Senate
- Open and Public IV, League of California Cities
- Q and A for New CEOs
- Scenarios to Illustrate Effective Participation in District and College Governance, Community College League and Academic Senate
Videos and Online Training
The League has prepared a series of strong workforce videos to assist you in learning more about career technical education.
- Video 1: Introduction to the Strong Workforce Program for CEOs
- Video 2: More and Better CTE: Leadership Stepping Up to the Challenge
- Video 3: Creating the Future of CTE
- Video 4: Implementing a Regional Approach for CTE
- Video 5: The Role of Data and Accountability in Career Education
For segmented clips of the above videos, please click here.